This message was shared by a colleague after calling the SBA yesterday, 4/3/2020, to inquire about her EIDL status:
- EIDL applications (Application # starts with a 2) that are IN REVIEW are frozen in review. If you applied for this prior to 3/31, you received an email confirming your submission.
- They are ONLY processing the $10K advances right now. If you submitted this, you got a screen with an Application # that starts with a 3, but no email. Hopefully you saved that somewhere.
- They have no way of checking on the status of the $10K advances (the ones that start with a 3) until you receive a reply from SBA.gov via email.
- The $10K advances are taking 7-10 days to process and are the top priority. These are technically loans, but they do not have to be paid back.
- The $10K will come out of any other EIDL Loan (and I believe PPP, but he could not confirm)
- They are not giving any time estimates on the processing of main EIDL applications (the ones that start with a 2) as they are still being flooded by the $10K advances.